Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Three-Six

It's hard to believe that I just turned 36. That's upper thirties...as in, approaching middle age. Which seems impossible because I feel like a child. But when I really think about it, I have grown up a LOT since my twenties. So I guess I deserve the title of Real Grown-Up. It's a title I'll happily wear with pride.

The younger years were so much fun and wild and crazy. I only had to care about myself. I had no concept of living life for other people, and I was happy that way because I didn't know any better. When I grew up and life started to change, it was a tough adjustment. But now that I've crossed that hurdle, I've realized that life this way, as a responsible adult, is so much better and richer than it has ever been. In my 36 years, I've really come to appreciate this one precious life I've been given. It is full of the best kind of blessings, and I will live it to the fullest for as long as it's mine.

Time passes so quickly, and that becomes more and more true the older that we get. This can only mean that living our best life is the most important thing. I don't know exactly what that means on most days, but I sure try to figure it out the best I can. It's not always an easy thing to do. But I know that for trying, I am a better person than I was one, five or ten years ago, and I my only hope is that I continue on this progression.

I've heard from several outlets that the twenties and thirties are about figuring things out and growing your family and raising kids and starting careers and making big changes. It's difficult but great...and I can agree with that. And then you hit your forties, and suddenly you're so comfortable in your own skin, you're done comparing yourself to anybody, and you're just overall a lot more content because you really know who you are. I don't think I'm quite there yet, but I'm also four years away from the big 4-0. It's a worthy goal, and I'll strive to get there in the next few years. But for now, I'll soak up everything that 36 has to offer. I have a feeling it will be good one. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment