Monday, December 11, 2017

100% Christmas

The Christmas festivities are in full force, and I'm loving it. We are so busy that it makes my head spin, but far be it for me to complain. I am juggling 100 things at once, but they're only good things. However, we must get straight to business when it comes to the blog. I have no creative power for anything other than a direct re-cap of our week. We may have a billion checklists related to all things Christmas, a certain special somebody's 2nd birthday and a house renovation underway...but nothing has ever stopped me from staying updated on the blog, and that's not about to change now!

We came home from New Orleans on Saturday and Dylan picked up an extra day trip on Sunday, leaving the boys and me to our own devices.  At this point, I don't remember much about the day except that Graham was in rare form. He would not sit with Gavin in the RZR when we went for a walk. He also wouldn't let me carry him, and I forgot his shoes. So, he spent a good amount of time running barefoot on the dirt road, chasing after Gavin. Totally fine.

Gavin's been asking me to take his picture a lot recently. This was one of those times.

When Gavin got out of the vehicle, Graham asked for a hug.

Graham didn't like getting a push from G on the swing.

But G had a grand ol' time spinning around on the swing.

You should see this guy bounce. It's the cutest thing.

On Monday, we did our final walk-through at the Sunnyside house and followed it up with a trip to the title agency to sign papers. We had our boys in tow, and Old Republic had set up this huge Christmas candy room. The boys were thrilled, and it kept them occupied while we signed our name 200 times. The candy thing was totally unexpected but unbelievably awesome. The two Gs sat on the floor behind us with their candy while we got to business. They ultimately trashed the carpet, but everyone was gracious and forgiving. I think they were just glad that the boys didn't hold up the doc signing process, for the most part.



Here we are just perusing the selection.


By Tuesday, Dylan was off to Vegas for fun work. The boys and I took care of our usual business. I'm thinking poor G2 has some molars coming in or something because he was back at it with intense tantrums by Wednesday morning. He spent the better part of an hour crying after he woke up until ultimately he was appeased by being perched atop the counter with a piece of bacon and a packet of fruit chews. Breakfast fit for a king.


Gavin crafted this very special airplane with scissors, glue and markers all by himself!

We took a trip to the new house where I was happy to see the SOLD sign!

I dropped off a load in the garage- almost moved in!

And then we hit Trader Joe's

When we got in the car for errands on Wednesday afternoon, Gavin complained of being SO cold, when it was really quite warm outside. I took off my shirt in Trader Joe's for him (I had on my workout clothes underneath...don't worry), and he wore it through the store and at the gym. When I picked the boys up at the Kids Club, the attendant said G hadn't gotten off the couch the entire time. By the time we got to swim lessons, he was not feeling good at all and had begun getting warm. So, we skipped swim, and G slept for the afternoon. He claimed he was too sick for school on Thursday...but I think he really just wanted to go to Nonna and Papa's house for the royal treatment. I decided not to call his bluff since fevers tend to come back in the afternoon, but he actually was fine all day and was well enough for the Christmas musical at night!

I picked up G2 after work on Thursday and we went to Panera to meet up with everyone. It was the first of two times this week that he has sent me a strong message that it's not worth it to take him to sit-down restaurants. He was crazy and really very ill-behaved!

Eventually D made it back from Vegas and met up with us, and then my parents arrived with a healthy G. Everyone else took their turns eating, and after G got dressed in his Sunday best, we headed to Impact Church for The Scottsdale School musical.

"I don't feel sick anymore!" he told me.

Truthfully, I wasn't so excited for the school musical. It's our third time at it, and it always starts too late for Gavin. It's a little overwhelming for him, and he just kind of stands there and doesn't get into it. Then we have two tired cranky guys to wrangle home. But this time was different, and I was so happy he ended up not being sick and could participate! He really got into it and sang and did the hand motions, and it was so cute and delightful to watch. We came prepared with PJs and toothbrushes, and both boys fell asleep on the way home, as expected. It was a long day, but it was so awesome to see him perform.

The room where they wrangled his class before the show had begun.

Waving at Daddy. He was so excited!


Dylan had promised donuts upon his arrival home, but delivered waffles with strawberries and whipped cream instead. I thought it was a good substitute, but G didn't forget the donut promise. We still owe him...

On Friday, we got together with our reno team at the Sunnyside house to firm up plans. G filled the time by taking photos with my phone, including this one. Actually, the boys were pretty well-behaved while we met with the contractors. I packed them a lunch and a bag of toys, and they were good to go until they got antsy toward the end. I spent hours upon hours over the weekend looking at ideas so we can order materials and finishes. Hopefully demo will begin soon!



By Friday night, D and I could be found at the Hangar One Christmas Party. I dusted off my ugly sweater from about a decade ago. What a fun party! Games and bikes and fire pits for s'mores, an open bar and a food truck from North. I had to miss the party last year and sent Dylan by himself, so I was happy to be a part of it this year.


Too much fun on this mini bike.


The hangar dog. She won second place in the sweater contest.

The boys, of course, were happy to spend the night with Nonna and Papa while we were at the party.




We left bright on early on Saturday to pick up the boys from my parents' house. Then, we immediately headed back north for the Carefree Christmas Parade to meet up with Elaine and Luke. In years' past, it's always been a nighttime light parade, but they moved it to the morning "for safety reasons" this year. It was definitely less exciting but WAY less crowded, which made me happy. We played in the snow and walked around for a bit afterward before hitting up BluBurger for lunch. (Where G2, again, was a complete disaster.)

3 boys in a wagon

My sweetest little beast.

Santa, where are you? He was not in his workshop.

Playing in the snow!


Hot cocoa for the parade!

On Sunday morning, Gavin's teacher in his class at church put together a nativity pageant, just for the 4-year-old class. So, we skipped the service to attend. It was so, so cute. Gavin was a sheep and Dylan volunteered to be a cow since there were not enough kids in the class that day. He has the same teachers almost every Sunday, so it was nice to go in the class and get to know them. Miss Kathy is so sweet and gave each child a coloring book and gift when they left.



We didn't forget to get a donut for Graham after the service!

On Sunday afternoon, it was off to cousins' house for gingerbread house decorating. An annual tradition that we look forward to every year! We love getting these boys together and watching their shenanigans.


Cutest little Santas I've ever seen.

A picnic on the floor for this bunch! Minus an over-tired Graham who refused to cooperate.

Whew, we have a lot going on, and it's been tons of fun...with only more fun to be had. I'll be back when I can to recap the latest adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment