Sunday, November 5, 2017

Sunday...already??

I know most weekends go by way too fast for just about everybody, but WOW, that one really flew. For the most part, it was a great weekend. I picked up the boys from my parents at Home Depot on Saturday morning after they had finished building their craft. We welcomed Dylan home by 3pm that day, and from there we loaded up the troops for a trip to my parents' house. Every year their HOA throws a party that involves a food truck and video game truck and all kinds of great stuff. The boys alway have a great time when their cousins are around, and though our early-to-bed guys didn't last for a terribly long time, we had a blast for as long as we could.

Pictures sent by my mom of Saturday morning fun on the driveway with the boys.



Graham built his first Home Depot project. Is this the cutest thing you've ever seen?


We weren't too productive during the day on Saturday while waiting for D to get home. But Graham did help me polish off my lunch by licking the guacamole cup clean. 

Cousins joyride from the house to the park!


Because...#safetyfirst

D played catch with the light-up bouncy balls that each boy was given.

Graham thoroughly enjoyed riding in the trunk with the boys.


For Sunday morning, we went to church. But instead of playing on the playground afterward, Dylan and Gavin took off for the Legoland Discovery Center. They had tickets for the Star Wars event and didn't want to be late! G2 and I headed home to play outside and bake pumpkin bread. In years past, I've cracked open my first can of pumpkin by late September, but I guess I've sort of outgrown the pumpkin craze. However, who can deny the comfort of pumpkin bread in early November? It's in the oven right now. And actually, G and D are still at Legoland after three hours! We had debated on who should take Gavin. Ultimately I decided that it would be more fun for him if Dylan took him, especially since D had just gotten home from a long trip. It was definitely the right decision. I would have put in an hour tops in that place because I have some work to do where my patience and attention span are involved. I've been checking in with D, and apparently G is in paradise. I'm sure I'll get to hear all about it when they finally get home.

So many Legos...a dream come true for G!


He became obsessed with rockets and space in just the last few days and built several rockets out of Legos at home, so this was the perfect exhibit for him!


This week will prove to be about as busy as it gets, but with all good things on the agenda. I'm feeling particularly grateful for life and family and the great weather! (And for the new Hearth & Hand by Magnolia line at Target...have you checked it out?)

No comments:

Post a Comment